Just a short note about this blog.

For timeline purposes, posts from 2008-2014 are summaries of significant happenings in those years. Please use the Blog Archive links to start at the beginning.

Past tense/Present tense language may change within a post, but those variances should not impact the overall telling of my experiences. I am Canadian, therefore, the spelling of some words (tumor/tumour, color/colour) may vary depending on if it's my wording or quoted text. I have tried to include both key words in the labels of relevant posts.

The blog contains medical terminology. I have tried to provide explanations or definitions when they occur. Occasionally medical images (nothing too graphic) are included to further explain or demonstrate.

Explanations and graphics link to original sources wherever possible with the exception of my personal photos.

Search This Blog

June 03, 2015

Neurological and Immune System connection?

Just found a very interesting article regarding the connection between the brain and the immune system.  Could become very relevant to my particular case considering the autoimmune disorder - pachymeningitis and the neurological conditions with IIH.
"We believe that for every neurological disease that has an immune component to it, these vessels may play a major role.”  
Scientists Find Vessels That Connect Immune System And Brain